Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Adventure: Making ravioli using the press

These are pictures I took last month, but it's good to get them organized here in one place.

The upside down inset, the sheet of pasta, and the frame:


The pasta sheet on top of the frame:


The insert, creating pockets in the dough:


You can see the pockets it formed:



A bag of filling (this one is squash):


Pockets all filled (though I've learned since to fill more carefully, so they are completely filled without air, but not bulging over the top.  From here, I could have flattened them into the blank spots with a spatula or something):


Here I have the top sheet of pasta on:














Start rolling over the top, pressing a little harder each time:



You can see it's starting to cut through in the upper corner:


Now they're all cut through:



Turn it over and dump them onto a sheet of parchment:



All lined up, ready to go into the freezer!


When they're frozen, I put them into a ziplock bag to stay in the freezer until hunger strikes. 

1 comment:

  1. You have some of the most fabulous kitchen gadgets I have ever seen! Yet another thing I didn't even know existed.

    ReplyDelete